- All visitors to Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat must comply with the COVID-19 conditions of entry (as per Clause #17 below)
- All cats must be at least 3 months of age & fully vaccinated
- Current Annual Vaccination certificates must be presented prior to or at check in
- All cats over 6 months of age must be desexed
- All cats must have flea prevention
- All cats must arrive and depart in a secure cat carry box
- All accounts must be paid in full by check in
- Special conditions apply to all peak periods
- Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat reserves the right at their discretion to refuse entry and/or admission of any person or animal(s).
- The Owner specifically declares sole ownership of the pet and declares that all information in regards to their pet(s) provided by them at or prior to admission is true and accurate.
- All cats to be boarded, if over six months of age, must be de-sexed.
- All cats are to be fully up to date with their annual vaccinations and Vaccination Certificates must be presented prior to or at admission. No Vaccination Certificate, no admission. The Vaccination certificate must show that the vaccination was done within the preceding 12 months and that the due date for the next vaccination has not been passed. The vaccination booster must be given more than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to boarding to ensure full immunisation is gained before entry to Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat. If a vaccination has lapsed, it must comply to the manufacturer's guidelines for boosters and isolation periods. Eg. If the vaccination has lapsed for 30+ days, there is a possibility that the pet may need 2 x vaccinations, 4 weeks apart, then boarding cannot commence until 14 days after the 2nd shot.
- As a duty of care to cats in our care as well as cats coming into our care, it is important that clients understand the risks involved in boarding cats in a Cattery. Whilst undue care and appropriate hygiene and cleaning procedures are at the highest standard, unfortunately, sometimes, cats may present with mild symptoms of cat flu, and due to housing multiple cats in the one area, this may be possible. Although we have created a stress-free environment, cats are very sensitive creatures, and the stress prior to arrival (eg. bags getting packed, your cat going into the carry box, car trip etc), or undue stress and excitement whilst on retreat, or the car trip home, may bring on these flu-like symptoms. If an infected cat shows any symptomatic signs, they are immediately isolated in an attempt to prevent further exposure to other cats, and appropriate action is taken to contact the owner and the Vet if necessary.
- We do not allow cats showing clinical signs of cat flu into the Cattery and we have a strict vaccination policy that requires ALL CATS to be up to date with their ANNUAL F3 Vaccinations in sufficient time frame when coming in for boarding, which minimises effects of the diseases. This does not mean they will be 100% protected from catching a disease.
- All cats are to be on flea prevention and should your cat present with evidence of fleas, we reserve the right to administer flea treatment and charge your account.
- Boarding rates are charged per "calendar night" according to the Fees Schedule and a "day care" charge is applied for any animal checking out after 10am, subject to variation without notice.
- Long-term boarding (4 weeks or more) requires a prepaid 50% deposit of the invoice total prior to check in and a payment plan for weekly/fortnightly payments organised with management. Full payment to be made prior to check out.
- The Owner agrees to pay the rate for boarding effective on the date the pet is admitted into Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat, and also agrees that the pet shall not leave Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat premises until all charges are paid for by the owner.
- Change of booking: Should a booking be quoted for a specific length of stay and if you make any changes, please note, that the fees will be adjusted accordingly, reflecting our current Fees Schedule. Eg. If you book for a long stay, then shorten the stay, the cost per night will no longer have the "long stay discount" applied.
- Should the pet require Veterinary attention whilst in the care of Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat, every effort will be made to contact the Owner prior to seeking Veterinary advice. However, even if contact is unable to be made, Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat has a Duty of Care to the animal to ensure they receive Veterinary attention if deemed necessary, and the Owner will be liable for all Veterinary expenses incurred by their pet. The Owner also agrees to pay all costs/charges for boarding, any requested special services and any unforseen Veterinary costs incurred by the pet during the time the pet has been in the care of Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat.
- The Owner agrees to contain their cat in a sturdy carry box for arrival and departure from Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat. The owner takes sole responsibility for their cat's distress and behaviour should they not be contained appropriately.
- The Owner remains responsible for the behaviour of the pet during the boarding period at Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat, and will be liable to compensate for any injury, impairment, disability, ill health, sickness, damage or death caused by the pet to any other animal or to a member of the Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat staff.
- So far as this business is able then this business, its employees or agents will under no circumstances be responsible for the injury, death, loss, or damage to any pet whilst in the boarding facility.
- The Owner agrees that if the pet is not collected within 14 days after the agreed departure date, and The Owner or the Emergency Contact person is uncontactable, ownership of the pet will transfer to Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat, where Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat has the right to sell, re-home or surrender the pet privately or to an animal welfare or other organisation. All fees and charges incurred with this process will be dealt with through our Debt Collection Agency.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic we are taking additional steps to make sure everyone can stay healthy and safe when you visit Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat. It is very important that you inform us in advance if anyone in your household is unwell, or self-isolating because they are at risk of becoming unwell, with COVID-19.
Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat have undertaken new measures to manage the risks of exposure to COVID-19 for staff and visitors. These include nominating an agreeable check-in and check-out time (within our existing times of 8.00 - 9.30am and 3.00-5.00pm) to ensure social distancing can be adhered to. We will also limit the check-in and check-out time to a maximum of 15 minutes.
Please help us to manage the risks to the health and safety of our staff by cooperating with these new measures we have outlined above. Do the same things for us that you are doing to keep your own family and friends healthy and well. This includes frequent handwashing, covering your nose and mouth when you cough or need to sneeze with the crook of your arm or clean tissue and observing rules for physical distancing.
- The Owner acknowledges that the signing of this contract shall create a lien over the animal in favour of Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat which shall continue to exist whilst ever monies remain owing pursuant to the contract.
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation of these conditions, which helps reduce administration time and stress on the cats and our staff.The Cat Retreat Team